Waste treatment is not something that businesses can afford to cut corners on. A high level of compliance is essential – not only to avoid financial and legal penalties but also for safety reasons. Staying on top of these requirements becomes notably easier when you have the right absorbents and solidification agents to ensure transportation and disposal compliance.
Fluid Tech LLC has been providing Pittsburgh businesses with a range of commercial products to facilitate successful waste treatment for more than 30 years. Even the most stringent of waste management regulations can be easily met with the right treatment solutions. Products like AQUASET, PETROSET, and our new super absorbent polymer, FluidSAP 100, have met with the approval of radioactive, hazardous and industrial waste disposal or storage facilities not just in Pittsburgh, but across the globe. These absorbents and solidification agents provide the tools necessary to treat any waste because compliance is not an option when it comes to waste management!
Using Absorbents and Solidification Agents
Absorbents and Solidification Agents can provide safe, cost-effective treatment of radioactive, hazardous and industrial wastes in compliance with industry regulations and the waste acceptance criteria of the disposal facility. They are designed for use in a wide range of waste applications, from absorbing incidental liquids during transportation to stabilizing complex mixed wastes. Fluid Tech’s broad range of products, including our new super absorbent polymer, FluidSAP 100 can be utilized with or without power mixing. Some types of wastes that can be successfully solidified for compliant transportation and disposal include:
- Waste Water
- Incidental Liquids
- Evaporator Concentrates
- Water-miscible Organics
- Sludges & Slurries (Aqueous and Non-Aqueous)
- Neutralized Strong or Weak Acids
- Oil Spills (Hydrocarbon or Synthetic)
- Saturated Soils
Advantages of Using Absorbents and Solidification Agents
There are many reasons why businesses in Pittsburgh and beyond have put their faith in Fluid Tech products over the years. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages associated with using these absorbents and solidification agents.
- Volumetric Efficiency – There is little to no volume expansion of wastes with the use of Fluid Tech products, minimizing transportation and disposal costs.
- Inert – Fluid Tech waste management products are inert and will not react with oxidizers or flammable material.
- Non–Flammable – Fluid Tech absorbents and solidification agents will not support combustion and hazards associated with oxidizers or flammable material can often be removed through solidification.
- Physical Integrity – Waste treatment and disposal facilities often have rigorous acceptance criteria. Fluid Tech products are non-biodegradable and can irreversibly immobilize wastes through complex bonding mechanisms and ion-exchange reactions, ensuring both long-term stability and compliance.
- Adaptability – One of the biggest advantages associated with using Fluid Tech products is that they are so versatile. Products can be used alone or in combination with one another. While each product has its own specific attributes, there is literally no combination of wastes that cannot be successfully solidified.
Fluid Tech solves environmental problems.
Fluid Tech LLC has over 30 years’ experience in the environmental services and products industry, specializing in dust control, oil spill response, pharmaceutical waste treatment, and a range of absorbents and solidification agents. Fluid Tech LLC provides innovative products and technologies to reduce life-cycle costs and liabilities. Our value is measured by the success of our customers.
Contact Us at (865) 809-995 or visit www.fluidtechllc.com