For businesses in a variety of oil and gas and construction industries, one of the most important aspects of day to day operations has always been dust control. Proper control of fugitive dust emissions (PM10 and PM2.5) is essential to ensuring employee safety. Trans Seal can play a key role in your company’s commitment to safety by:
- Improving visibility which reduces the risk of accidents
- Effectively binding surfaces reducing the risk of injury from flying stones and loose gravel
- Suppressing dust to support cleaner air, cleaner equipment, and cleaner vehicles
- Promoting better health and mitigating employee risk due to fugitive dust emissions
- Mitigating erosion and potholes protecting employees from unsafe road conditions
Never settle when it comes to choosing dust control in Denver. Trans Seal is a high-quality, environmentally friendly solution that keeps costs and liabilities to a minimum.
Dust Control & Employee Health
One of the key concerns when it comes to dust control is the impact fugitive dust can have on employee health. Keep in mind that dust particles can be incredibly small which allows them to pass through the nasal passage and into the lungs. When this happens, they can cause considerable damage when breathed in on a regular basis.
Some of the most common health concerns raised by improper dust control include:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Heart Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Cost Savings Associated with Proper Dust Control
For decades, dust control has been limited to simply spraying more water or, even worse, water mixed with corrosive and harmful salts. Fluid Tech has changed that with the introduction of Trans Seal which can substantially reduce the costs associated with dust suppression and erosion control by:
- Reducing the need for blading, watering, and gravel replacement
- Reducing vehicle maintenance costs by lowering the levels of dust that clogs filters, bearings, and machinery
- Producing a smooth, firm driving surface which increases productivity, decreases fuel consumption, saves time, and minimizes replacement costs of suspension drive lines and tires
- Preventing costly soil erosion caused by destructive wind conditions or heavy rain
- Minimizing the cost of cleaning and protects value of vehicles, equipment, property, vegetation, and living sites
- Reduces replacement expenses of windshields by controlling gravel spray
- Protecting pasture land and improving crop production and quality
Choosing a Dust Control Solution
There are a wide variety of options for dust control in Denver, and it is important to choose one that is going to serve your needs best. Trans Seal is one of the best options available – a dust suppressant and soil stabilizer that is specially designed to control airborne particles. Trans Seal is entirely non-toxic and water-soluble, acting as a binder to form a crust over the treated area for long-term dust stabilization and erosion prevention. It is a perfect solution for windblown dust, construction activities, and open container hauling. As a bonus, Trans Seal is a greener alternative to the more traditional salt-based dust suppressants out there. Some of the benefits of choosing Trans Seal I include:
- Dust Suppression – Stops fugitive dust emissions while conserving water resources and eliminating the need for continuous treatment.
- Erosion Control – Helps maintain the physical integrity of slopes and embankments by binding soil to form a crust that reduces erosion in high winds.
- Soil Stabilization – Areas of constant traffic and heavy hauling can be made more stable by using Trans Seal I to bind the soil. This creates a smooth and durable surface with low maintenance needs.
- Coal Topper – Although now a multi-purpose product, Trans Seal I was initially developed as a coal topper to reduce the blowback of coal dust while in transit.
- Contamination Control – Trans Seal I has acrylic properties allowing for adhesion to most surfaces. It is a great option for contamination control since it acts as a non-hazardous fixative to reduce the spread of fugitive dust and other contaminants.
Fluid Tech solves environmental problems.
Fluid Tech LLC has over 30 years’ experience in the environmental services and products industry, specializing in dust control, oil spill response, pharmaceutical waste treatment, and a range of absorbents and solidification agents. Fluid Tech LLC provides innovative products and technologies reducing life-cycle costs and liabilities.
Contact Us at 865-809-995 or visit www.fluidtechllc.com